“The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.” Christ Jesus
Members and friends of second church got together recently to talk about Christ-healing. We considered three areas of prayer and asked ourselves three different questions about each. Those in attendance are invited to continue the conversation and share what resonated with them or what they found most helpful in the workshop.
As we continue to ponder, pray and practice Christ-healing, if you are inspired to share your insights, you are welcome to leave a comment below.
1. Prayer for ourselves
“… the grand necessity of existence is to gain the true idea of what constitutes the kingdom of heaven in man.” Science and Health 560
- Praying to be born again
- Praying to become as a little child
- Praying to embrace our divinely bestowed authority and power
2. Prayer for Church
“The prayers in Christian Science churches shall be offered for the congregations collectively and exclusively.” Church Manual
- Why do we pray for “the congregations collectively and exclusively?”
- How do we pray for “the congregations collectively and exclusively?”
- What would oppose our praying for “the congregations collectively and exclusively?”
3. Prayer for our healing practice for mankind and the universe
- In a “nutshell” what is Christ-healing?
- How do we treat the medical barrage as being the only method of health care?
- Practicing individually and as a church collectively